- This event has passed.
Norman Wilder Trail Volunteer Workday
July 9 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Norman Wilder Forest has a network of 2.6 miles of trail located on 185 acres of preserved land in Polk county. The trails take you to features including a drip falls, sheer cliffs, and a viewpoint across the river valley.
There is much to be, all ages and experience levels are welcome!
Tasks on our list:
• Brushing back parts of the trail that have become overgrown,
• Debirming parts of the trail,
• Out sloping parts of the trail system that aren’t shedding water properly,
• Building water bars,
• Digging and clearing drains
What to Wear:
• Sturdy boots that will get muddy
• Hat and Gloves
• Dress for the weather
What to Bring:
• Work Gloves
• Good Spirits!
We will be following COVID 19 Standards, this will include:
• Hosting groups no larger than 50 participants
• Providing every volunteer with their own, disinfected, set of tools
• Physical distancing of 6ft+ between every volunteer
• Wearing face masks when around the group for those who are unvaccinated
Please only drive with folks from your own household to the worksite location.
For more information or questions email email@example.com or call Meredith at 828-697-5777 ext. 211