Apply NOW! We are currently accepting applications for positions starting in September!
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- Be at least 18 years of age at the commencement of service
- Be available and commit to full-time service for the entire service term
- Consent to a criminal history check and be cleared for service
- Meet minimum education requirements (see individual service descriptions)
- Meet additional qualifications as listed in the service descriptions
- Meet essential functions for each position as listed in the individual service descriptions
The policy and intent of Conserving Carolina is to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age, or other status protected by law. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AmeriCorps Project Conserve will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with known mental/physical disabilities. Application materials are available in large-print format upon request.
** PLEASE NOTE: Service Positions are always contingent on AmeriCorps grant funding.
Compensation & Benefits
For 1700-hour positions members will receive
- $14,279 living stipend (paid twice per month, minus taxes.)
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Childcare assistance (if eligible).
- Education award of $6,195 upon successful completion of the program. This award can be used to pay off qualifying student loans or apply for future education. See NationalService.gov website for more information about the education award.
- Mentorship, training, and professional development opportunities. Training may include Wilderness First Aid, CPR/AED, Conflict Resolution, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and more.
1700-hour positions (serving September 1, 2020 – July 31, 2021)
May 15: Application Deadline
May 18 – May 29: Interviews Scheduled
June 1 – June 12: Interviews Conducted
June 15 – June 19: Offers Made
September 1: First Day of Service
Step 1: Learn about AmeriCorps Project Conserve
- Review the program overview, eligibility, and compensation information to determine if Project Conserve is right for you.
- Review Service Descriptions and identify positions you are interested in applying for.
Step 2: Complete the AmeriCorps Project Conserve Application
- Download the 20-21 submission instructions, application checklist, and host site contact sheet
- Download the 20-21 Cover Sheet
- Download the 20-21 Application
- Keep a full copy of your application for your records
Step 3: Submit your Application
- Send a copy of your application to each host site to which you are applying (Application Form, Resume, Transcript).
- Send a copy of your application to Amy Stout, Program Director (Cover Sheet, Application Form, Resume, Transcript)
- Electronic or hard copies are accepted
Thank you for your interest in AmeriCorps Project Conserve!