Summer of Service COVID-19 Relief Program
Due to public safety concerns and guidelines related to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Conserving Carolina has decided to shift our 2020 Summer of Service AmeriCorps program to focus on COVID-19 relief. We are currently recruiting for 6 AmeriCorps COVID-19 Relief positions to start in early July! Positions will run 8-10 weeks. Some positions allow for remote service, while others are in-person. See individual service descriptions to learn more.
Apply now! Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until filled. Scroll down for position descriptions, eligibility information, compensation, and application instructions.
The health and safety of our AmeriCorps members is a priority of Conserving Carolina. We, together with our partner sites, will follow local and state guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
Filled Positions (No longer accepting applications)
American Red Cross Serving WNC (Asheville, NC) – AmeriCorps Preparedness & Outreach Team Member
Homeward Bound of WNC (Asheville, NC) – AmeriCorps Welcome Home Member
Only Hope (Hendersonville, NC) – AmeriCorps Care & Outreach Coordinator
United Way of Asheville & Buncombe County (Asheville, NC) – AmeriCorps COVID-19 Volunteer Engagement & Referral Specialist
Veterans Healing Farm (Hendersonville, NC) – AmeriCorps Farm Support Member
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- Be at least 18 years of age at the commencement of service
- Be available and commit to full-time service for the entire service term. Members will serve a minimum of 300 hours over an 8-10 week term.
- Consent to a criminal history check and be cleared for service
- Meet minimum education requirements (see individual service descriptions)
- Meet additional qualifications as listed in the service descriptions
- Meet essential functions for each position as listed in the individual service descriptions
The policy and intent of Conserving Carolina is to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age, or other status protected by law. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AmeriCorps Project Conserve will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with known mental/physical disabilities. Application materials are available in large-print format upon request.
Compensation & Benefits
For 300-hour positions members will receive
- $3,000 living stipend (paid twice per month, minus taxes.)
- Childcare assistance (if eligible).
- Free enrollment in the Member Assistance Program (MAP) which provided unlimited in-the-moment telecounseling services, and other support services including legal assistance, medical advocacy, life coaching, and more.
- Education award of $1,289.95 upon successful completion of the program. This award can be used to repay qualified student loans and to pay current educational expenses at eligible institutions of higher education and training programs. See the NationalService.gov website for more information about the education award.
- Mentorship, training, and professional development opportunities.
Step 1: Learn More
- Review the program overview, eligibility, and compensation information to determine if Project Conserve is right for you.
- Review Service Descriptions and identify positions you are interested in applying for.
Step 2: Complete the Application
- Download the 2020 COVID-19 Relief application submission instructions, application checklist, and host site contact sheet
- Download the 2020 COVID-19 Relief Cover Sheet
- Download the 2020 COVID-19 Relief Application
- Keep a full copy of your application for your records
Step 3: Submit your Application
- Send a copy of your application to each host site to which you are applying (Application Form, Resume).
- Send a copy of your application to Amy Stout, Program Director (Cover Sheet, Application Form, Resume)
- Electronic or hard copies are accepted
Thank you for your interest in AmeriCorps Project Conserve!