- This event has passed.
CANCELLED – Melrose Falls Kudzu Work Day
January 14 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Due to growing COVID numbers, all Conserving Carolina events are cancelled through January 31st.
The Melrose Falls Property is a ~100 acre preserve, housing rare endemic plant species, such as Wild Ginger, and a diverse array of spring wildflowers. 0.5mi down the trail, is a stunning 50ft waterfall that feeds into the North Pacolet River.
We will be removing Japanese Kudzu through hand-pulling and cutting crowns. You will get dirty, so make sure to wear appropriate clothing.
Volunteers must be able to walk moderate distances across rough terrain. All tools and gloves will be provided. Plant ID and removal techniques will be taught on-site.
What to Bring:
• Leather Work Gloves (if you have a personal pair)
• Small Backpack
• Change of Clothes for drive home (recommended)
What to Wear:
• Face mask
• Closed toed shoes that an navigate off-trail terrain and that can get dirty
• Work pants, long sleeves; dress for the weather
We will be following Phase 3 Covid Standards, this will include:
• Hosting groups no larger than 10 participants
• Providing every volunteer with their own, disinfected, set of tools
• Physical distancing of 6ft+ between every volunteer
• Wearing face masks when around the group
Interested in joining this workday? To RSVP or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Meredith at 828-697-5777 ext. 211.