- This event has passed.
CANCELLED – Florence Nature Preserve Workday
January 15 @ 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Due to growing COVID numbers, all Conserving Carolina events are cancelled through January 31st.
*Upon RSVP we will provide you further location directions*
Florence Nature Preserve offers a network of 5+ miles of hiking trails on 600 beautiful acres on the slopes of Little Pisgah Mountain. The preserve features pristine creeks and cascades, scenic rock outcrops, the ruins of an old homesite, and areas of old growth forest.
It’s the perfect place to go for a quiet and pleasant walk in the woods, off the beaten path. This land is home to many special plants and wildlife, from pink and yellow ladyslippers to rare salamanders. Keep your eyes open and you never know what you might see!
There is much to bee done out our beloved preserve, all ages and experience levels are welcome!
Tasks on our list for the 15th:
• Brushing back parts of the trail that have become overgrown,
• Debirming parts of the trail,
• Out sloping parts of the trail system that aren’t shedding water properly,
• Building water bars,
• Digging and clearing drains
We will be giving Florence Nature Preserve some elbow grease and love in the new year!
What to Wear:
• Warm Layers
• Sturdy boots that will get muddy
• Hat and Gloves
What to Bring:
• Work Gloves
• Good Spirits
Please only drive with folks from your own household to the worksite location.
We will be following Phase 3 Covid Standards, this will include:
• Hosting groups no larger than 10 participants
• Providing every volunteer with their own, disinfected, set of tools
• Physical distancing of 6ft+ between every volunteer
• Wearing face masks when around the group
Volunteers will need to be ready to hike up to 2 miles collectively, although we will be driving closer to the work site location – we will still need to hike out and back to our cars. Be prepared to get dirty, and have fun doing it.
Interested in joining this workday? To RSVP or for more information email email@example.com or call Meredith at 828-697-5777 ext. 211.