- This event has passed.
Norman Wilder Trail Volunteer Workday
June 11 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Norman Wilder Forest has a network of 2.6 miles of trail located on 185 acres of preserved land in Polk county. The trails take you to features including a drip falls, sheer cliffs, and a viewpoint across the river valley.
There is much to be, all ages and experience levels are welcome!
Tasks on our list:
• Brushing back parts of the trail that have become overgrown,
• Debirming parts of the trail,
• Out sloping parts of the trail system that aren’t shedding water properly,
• Building water bars,
• Digging and clearing drains
What to Wear:
• Sturdy boots that will get muddy
• Hat and Gloves
What to Bring:
• Work Gloves
• Good Spirits!
We will be following Phase 3 COVID 19 Standards, this will include:
• Hosting groups no larger than 20 participants
• Providing every volunteer with their own, disinfected, set of tools
• Physical distancing of 6ft+ between every volunteer
• Wearing face masks when around the group
Please only drive with folks from your own household to the worksite location.
For more information or questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Meredith at 828-697-5777 ext. 211