Making a gift of stocks, mutual funds, or other securities may mean significant tax benefits for you. You can potentially bypass capital gains taxes and provide a valuable income tax deduction. This effectively reduces the cost of making your gift.

Contributions of appreciated securities held for more than a year may be deductible at their average market value regardless of what you paid for them. Each gift is case-specific and you should always consult your tax advisor for questions regarding tax treatment of your gifts. If you or your broker have questions about transferring securities, please contact Jenn Tutor, Director of Development at [email protected] or (828) 697-5777, x. 209.

Conserving Carolina’s Tax ID

You may need to know our tax ID in order to make your generous gift. Our federal tax ID number is 56-6449365.