Southeast Regional Manager
This Polk County-based position ensures a coordinated strategy on conservation and fundraising with the Hendersonville office and leads community engagement efforts in the southeast service region.
In close coordination with the Executive Director and other staff:
- Advance the mission of the conservancy in its southeast region;
- Refine conservation priorities in the region and coordinate the acquisition of new land and conservation easements;
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities including research, proposal writing, administration, and reporting;
- Initiate and deepen relationships with various community stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, and partnering organizations;
- Serve as conservancy liaison with community leaders, local media, elected officials, and agency staff;
- Build financial support from Polk and neighboring counties through individual and business memberships, major gifts and planned gifts;
- Develop and coordinate the conservancy’s southeast region advisory council;
- Advance the conservancy’s community engagement goals by reaching out to diverse constituencies and finding opportunities to change lives through conservation;
- Supervise Tryon office administration staff and volunteers;
- Other duties as needed.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: Undergraduate degree
Experience: Proven success with building non-profit community support; successful grant-writing experience; familiarity with Polk and adjoining parts of Greenville and Spartanburg counties; familiarity with land conservation strongly preferred.
Required Skills: Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills reflected in an ability to work effectively with professional colleagues, supporters, and stakeholders in a team-oriented environment; a high degree of detail orientation, commitment to accuracy, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once; highly proficient with Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use various software including ArcGIS; ability to work independently with minimal management oversight; a commitment to professional growth and responsibilities, unquestioned integrity and fiscal accountability, ability to plan and achieve long and short-term goals; exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Physical Requirements: Ability to work at a computer, operate office equipment, attend meetings in and outside the office.
Limitations and Disclaimer
This job description does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from the job description, as assigned.
Work hours & Compensation
Full-time position-40 hours per week. Competitive pay commensurate with experience; health benefits; retirement benefits; supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development.
Send resume, cover letter, and references by email to:
or mail to:
847 Case Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Open until filled.
Conserving Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Conserving Carolina prohibits any discrimination in carrying out its mission on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. This includes all programs, projects, events and any other related activity sponsored by Conserving Carolina.
Conserving Carolina recognizes and honors diverse cultures and traditions and proactively seeks individuals for all aspects of its work from varied backgrounds for the greater enrichment of the organization. It is the goal of Conserving Carolina to have a membership, staff, volunteer base, and board that reflects the diversity of ethnic and demographic groups of our service area.