- This event has passed.
Humphrey Farm Workday
June 8 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
If you’ve ever attended one of our volunteer orientations, you know who John Humphrey was. John was the owner of the first property to become a conservation easement when we were operating as Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy, which was donated over 20 years ago. John absolutely loved the land and continued the battle against non-native, invasive plants on his property well into his 100’s! Now, the land is held by his son and daughter-in-law and we are looking for your help to give back to this special property.
We will help with non-native, invasive plant control. Ability to bend down and walk short distances is necessary for the day, but invasive plant ID will be taught.
What to Bring:
• Leather Work Gloves (if you have a personal pair)
What to Wear:
• Face mask
• Closed toed shoes that can navigate off-trail terrain and that can get dirty
• Work pants, long sleeves; dress for the weather
We will be following Phase 3 COVID 19 Standards, this will include:
• Hosting groups no larger than 20 participants
• Providing every volunteer with their own, disinfected, set of tools
• Physical distancing of 6ft+ between every volunteer
• Wearing face masks when around the group
*Upon RSVP you will receive directions to the site*
For more information email email@example.com or call Meredith at 828-697-5777 ext. 211.