The Finance Coordinator is responsible for accurately recording and maintaining financial records and transactions of the organization.
- Coordinate with Conserving Carolina program staff on project financial management, including invoicing, cost tracking, contract administration, and reporting.
- Manage Accounts Receivable processing, including working with the Assistant Director on grant invoicing and reconciling Accounts Payable with grant invoicing.
- In coordination with the Finance Director, manage permanently restricted, temporarily restricted, & designated funding regarding donor intent, Board quasi-endowments, and internal designations.
- Manage Accounts Payable processing.
- Financial management of the AmeriCorps Project Conserve grant including: collecting and recording in-kind and other match contributions from host site supervisors, tracking and reporting grant-related expenditures for monthly reimbursements, working with AmeriCorps program staff as a team to oversee and manage grant funds, and attending trainings sponsored by the North Carolina Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service.
- Receiving revenue in the donor management software/database and facilitating data import to the financial database.
- Coordinate Finance Committee meetings, and record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Serve as support to the Finance Director and other Conserving Carolina colleagues and assist with other tasks as needed.
Essential Job Requirements
Education: Undergraduate degree in accounting or relevant experience
Experience: 1-3 years experience; experience in fund accounting preferred
Required Skills: Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, organized, detail-oriented, committed to accuracy, must possess strong computer skills.
Preferred Skills: Reconciliation experience including that of restricted funding; non-profit organization and software experience; AmeriCorps experience/familiarity helpful.
Physical Requirements: Ability to work at a computer and operate office equipment.
Limitations and Disclaimer
This job description does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from the job description, as assigned.
Work hours & Compensation
Full-time position-40 hours per week. Competitive pay commensurate with experience; health benefits; retirement benefits; supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development.
Send resume, cover letter, and references by email to:
or mail to:
847 Case Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Open until filled.
Conserving Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Conserving Carolina prohibits any discrimination in carrying out its mission on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. This includes all programs, projects, events and any other related activity sponsored by Conserving Carolina.
Conserving Carolina recognizes and honors diverse cultures and traditions and proactively seeks individuals for all aspects of its work from varied backgrounds for the greater enrichment of the organization. It is the goal of Conserving Carolina to have a membership, staff, volunteer base, and board that reflects the diversity of ethnic and demographic groups of our service area.