The Database Coordinator’s primary responsibility is the management of the donor database and supporting fundraising/development efforts. The position also provides Board and general office support.
- Management and oversight of donor database including, but not limited to:
- Gift and data entry and correction, pledge management, etc.
- Train and coordinate other staff, interns and volunteers on using best practices and procedures for donor database
- Work closely with Development and Finance staff to ensure efficient and appropriate processes for gift entry and management
- Produce gift, donor, and membership reports as needed
- Compile and maintain various mailing lists including mass mailings and smaller segmented mailings using database
- Support Development efforts by:
- Production of regular membership/donor communication through gift acknowledgments & member mailings (membership renewals, appeals, programmatic postcards, etc.)
- Assist with events as needed; development of materials such as invitations, programs, posters, name tags; registration management, other event support
- Communication with printer in submitting and monitoring materials for print as needed
- Assist development staff with other duties as necessary
- Assist with other administrative duties such as:
- Monitor and order stationary when needed and track postage needs including bulk mail postage
- Act as Board of Trustees liaison, coordinating meetings and communications, assembling and distributing board packets
- Preparation of Development Committee, Development Team, and Board meeting minutes
- Manage notice of assigned committee and staff team meetings, coordinate attendance and preparation for said meetings
- Perform ad hoc duties as necessary to support the office
- Advanced office skills required
- Familiarity with and/or the ability to learn how to input information into a database with thought about how the information will be used and reported
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), Adobe, and mail-merge
- Strong attention to detail required
- Familiarity with DonorPerfect database a plus
Essential Job Requirements
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: General office experience demonstrating strong technical skills; database management and non-profit experience strongly preferred
Physical Requirements: Ability to work at a computer, operate office equipment, and attend meetings in and outside the office
Limitations and Disclaimer
This job description does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from the job description, as assigned.
Work hours & Compensation
Full-time position-40 hours per week. Competitive pay commensurate with experience; health benefits; retirement benefits; supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development.
Send resume, cover letter, and references with subject line “Database Coordinator Application” by email to:
or mail to:
847 Case Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Open until filled.
Conserving Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Conserving Carolina prohibits any discrimination in carrying out its mission on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. This includes all programs, projects, events and any other related activity sponsored by Conserving Carolina.
Conserving Carolina recognizes and honors diverse cultures and traditions and proactively seeks individuals for all aspects of its work from varied backgrounds for the greater enrichment of the organization. It is the goal of Conserving Carolina to have a membership, staff, volunteer base, and board that reflects the diversity of ethnic and demographic groups of our service area.